Sunday, January 1, 2012

A TIME FOR RENEWAL!

How many times have you heard, "This is the first day of the rest of your life!"?   Well today is the first day of the rest of mine.  I woke up this morning and blogged about my resolutions. Then I thought to myself, I'm hungry what should I have for breakfast?   There is carrot cake in my fridge beside oranges.  Right there with the refrigerator door open I debated with myself whether to have cake or a well balanced breakfast.

 I know some people would not even look at cake as a breakfast food but not me.  I was raised on Little Debbies for breakfast.  Now what kink of example am I setting for my children if I do the same thing I tell them not to.   You  already know I am aware of how my habits effect my children.  I have fell off the wagon since October and I see a change in my kids too.  So, from this day forward I am sticking to with a healthier lifestyle.  It may not be 100%  healthy, but I am going to make sure that we are eating three well balanced meals and healthy snacks before junk food is allowed.

I enjoyed the holidays this year, but I am so glad that they are over and I have a new year to start over on my dieting journey.  As I was standing with the fridge door open deciding cake or fruit I thought oh I'll start tomorrow and enjoy New Year's Day by eating whatever I want.  Then I said NO  today is the start of a new year. It's a time for renewal and I am going to start it off healthy!  So from now on I need encouragement from anywhere I can get it, because this is not going to be easy for me.  I will have a whole lot less of me to love by the end of 2012 though.

I know I haven't blogged in a long time, but it is really because I "fell of the wagon"  and I just stopped paying attention to my health for a few months.  It is my resolution to now blog every week, because I have found this is the main thing that's keeping me accountable for my actions.  I also will be making some videos and posting pictures of my weight loss so you can see for yourself that I am looking healthier!  

No comments:

Post a Comment