Sunday, April 29, 2012

Yummy Protein Bar Recipe


Seriously this protein bar is so good to me I couldn't wait to blog about it!

I added a couple of ingredients that I thought were good and took out what I didn't have from a video I shared on my facebook page last night. I'll link that video at the end.  So if you have the basic foundational ingrediants you can change up what you want in your bar. Let me know if you try this and how you like it!

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups instant oatmeal
1 cup chocolate whey protein powder (I buy the cheap brand of protein atWal-Mart)
1/4  cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup dried cherries (you can use raisins or dried cranberries)
1/8 cup flaxseed (I just added this for a little extra fiber)
1/4 cup almond slivers
Mix these all together in a large bowel.

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup agave nector (you can use honey)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter creamy
1/4 cup Almond Breze Coconut Milk (you can use whatever milk you want)
1 square Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
1 square Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolat (you can use 1/3 cup chocolate chips I think my bars could have done better with a little less chocolate)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
Microwave wet ingredients in bowl until the chocolate in blendable.  Then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend well.  Line parchment paper in a pan (I used a loaf pan). Spray paper with a little cooking spray. Pour mixture into pan and refigerate until firm. Place bar on cutting board and cut into bars.

I cut mine into 16 bars. That made them only 4 Weight Watcher's Points!

Oh don't forget to "like" me on facebook. I love to chat with everyone on there :
www.facebook.com/Mammabishop

Also subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly weightloss vlogs :)
www.youtube.com/fat2phatchat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv-LcIC5gtc   check out this video if you want to watch how the bar is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment